Unilever released its first quarter result for 2018. see here
- Revenue increased from N22.1bn to N25.8bn, representing 14% growth. The growth was driven by an increase in sales of the firms’ food and home care products.
- The cost to sales ratio increased slightly to 72%, up from 71% in the corresponding period.
- Gross profit margin also fell marginally to 27% (compared to 28% in Q1, 2017).
- Interest coverage ratio expanded to 38.8, from 4.1 in Q1, 2017 – the company can comfortably cover its interest expenses from operating profit (EBIT).
- Profit before tax and after tax grew by 85% and 75% respectively.
- Net profit margin increased to 10.8%, from 7.2% reported in Q1, 2017
- Return on equity increased to 3.5%, from 2.1% while debt to equity declined to 9.4%, from 11.2%.
- EPS also increased from 28k to 50k, 78.5% growth.
- As of this writing, Unilever is up by 31% YTD, outperforming the NSE index of 7%.
"Don't Let Your Bank Cheat You With Low Interest, Profit from Local Stock Market Ideas, Follow My Vetted Alternative High-Yield Investment Opportunities, Click Here to Join Our Facebook Group for FREE